THE NOTRE DAME CHURCH
The church of Etretat was classified as a historical monument between 1850 and 1860. The building is divided into two distinct parts, one in Romanesque style and the other in Gothic style. It is estimated that the early Romanesque church was erected around the beginning of the 11th century. Towards the middle of the twelfth century, it seems that in Etretat, as elsewhere, the old monument was intended to be replaced by a larger Gothic church more in keeping with the principles of architecture then in honor. If the Gothic church could not be completed, it is probably because of the lack of resources and perhaps also of the war which suffered Normandy in the first years of the XII century. (Cavaillé-Coll invoice tribune organ).
THE CHAPEL NOTRE DAME DE LA GARDE
It was built in 1854 by the Mission of the Reverend Father MICHEL, Jesuit in Rouen and by the Etretatais in tribute to the sailors. Destroyed during the 1939-1945 war, it was rebuilt in 1950.
MUSEUM NUNGESSER and COLI
It traces the childhood, the studies, the war of 1914 – 1918, the attempt of crossing of the North Atlantic of the airmen Nungesser and Coli aboard the White Bird.
They were seen for the last May 8, 1927 above Etretat.
Opening: Spring Weekend and every day from June 15 to September 15, from 10 am to 12pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
THE OLD COVERED MARKET
In 1926, the municipality of Etretat decided to build the covered market. The materials come from the town of Brionne (Eure) and the hall was built by the companions of the Channel. In 1946, a commemorative plaque was affixed to the facade. She recalls that a British and American hospital there operated during the First World War. Today this hall includes craftsmen ”